Good IDE for Python

Jussi Jumppanen jussij at zeusedit.com
Mon Jun 14 09:38:06 EDT 2004

Lothar Scholz wrote:

>> What I consider critical, are a popdown listing of all my functions,
>> colored syntax printing, and a right-click 'definition' context menu
>> that will hop you to the spot where that keyword is defined
>
> The problem is that you need more then file level scope for this. For
> example the information about all projects and runtime files must be
> keept in memory.

Zeus for Windows can do this:

   http://www.zeusedit.com/lookmain.html

If you create a Zeus project/workspace, add your source files
to the workspace, the editor automatically manages the creation
and update of the ctags information. This information is then
used for code-completion, intellisensing and keyword searching.

Jussi Jumppanen
Author of: Zeus for Windows (All new version 3.92 out now)
"The C/C++, Cobol, Java, HTML, Python, PHP, Perl programmer's editor"
Home Page: http://www.zeusedit.com