useless destructors

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk qrczak at knm.org.pl
Tue Jun 22 05:56:50 EDT 2004

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 02:36:24 -0700, David Turner wrote:

> Further to the discussion from earlier titled "does python have
> useless destructors?", I've posted a brief summary of garbage
> collection, RAII, and the "using" clause (which is what PEP310's
> "with" clause amounts to).  The post is here:
>
> http://dkturner.blogspot.com/2004/06/garbage-collection-raii-and-using.html

You left "for later" a point which makes the last proposition unworkable:
how to implement selective refcounting in a dynamically typed language?
Will it still work if the refcounted object is referred to from a plain
object? The only way I can imagine is to manage refcounts on each object
passing, returning and rebinding.

--
   __("<         Marcin Kowalczyk
   \__/       qrczak at knm.org.pl