reStructuredText Cheat Sheet

chris csad7 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 3 15:32:39 EDT 2004

David Goodger wrote:

> I whipped together a cheat sheet for reStructuredText:
> 1 page for syntax, and a 1 page reference for directives
> and roles.  Please take a look:
> <http://docutils.sf.net/docs/rst/cheatsheet.txt> (not
> meant to be converted to HTML; use the source text as-is).
> Feedback is welcome.

hi,
to be honest i find it a bit confusing...
i did not really look into ReST's syntax yet but i assumed it partly as
a wiki style "markup" alternative and thought it was (also) meant as
that (apart from surely more py stuff).

maybe it is just me or that i am no native english speaker but i did not
really understand the syntax on the sheet or what some things are for.
an example would be the 2nd table about explicit markup, do the 2 dots
".." belong to the syntax or not?
i need to look more into the docutils docs, maybe it gets clearer then.

it is a good thing to have though
chris