Python Only 30% Slower than C In Certain Cases

Michael Geary Mike at DeleteThis.Geary.com
Wed Jun 2 13:51:52 EDT 2004

Kamilche wrote:
> ...This test was done with the debug version of the C
> program. The release version showed it was about 12x
> faster than Python, with a smaller memory footprint.

So, your message title is wrong. It should read:

"Python Only 12 times slower than C in certain cases"

;-)

The point is that nobody would ever do a performance comparison using
*unoptimized* C code.

I'm with you on the development speed of Python, though. I'd rather use
Python or Ruby any day instead of C/C++.

-Mike