Passing parameters using **kargs

Thomas Philips tkpmep at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 8 09:26:01 EDT 2004

I don't as yet have an application in mind. I'm teaching myself Python
from Lutz and Ascher's "Learning Python", and when I come across a new
concept, I

a)Try and explore the different ways in which it might be used, and
b)Try to understand the conditions under which it does not work, and
why.

I start with the book, then go through the help, and if I still can't
solve some of the questions I create for myself, I post a question on
this newsgroup.

In this case, I'm being driven by intellectual curiosity - though I do
think the ability to create a string representation of a variable name
could be useful when printing, and the ability to create a variable
whose name is specified in a string could be useful when creating
on-the-fly code.

Thomas Philips