Pythonic Nirvana - towards a true Object Oriented Environment [visionary rambling, long]

Ville Vainio ville at spammers.com
Tue Jun 29 16:47:29 EDT 2004

    Phil> I'm forwarding this to the Unununium <http://unununium.org/> mailing
    Phil> list. I think the two projects are solving the same problem from
    Phil> opposite ends.

Very interesting link :-).

Actually, IPython is so far not actively solving the problem Ununium
is solving, and I wasn't really talking on behalf of IPython the
project, more like visions of what I might want it to be (and
Fernando, the author, probably too, but his time resources are
limited). If you Ununium guys have developer resources to throw at
IPython's direction, I would bet Fernando wouldn't mind a little help
at all - just join the ipython-dev mailing list, IPython is in need of
refactoring :-).

And if you want to check ipython out, do a cvs checkout as instructed
on the webpage and start ipython by "ipython -p pysh", which starts it
in shell mode.

--
Ville Vainio   http://tinyurl.com/2prnb