Table of Python Packages

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Wed Jun 2 02:14:43 EDT 2004

I certainly found the table of packages interesting, if for no other
reason than that it let me know which of my packages are readily
available to users.  Your method of generating it seems rather labour
intensive.  I'm wondering if there could be metadata added to PyPI for
e.g. RPM/DEB package names for each package.  Of course, those are
generally added after the first release of the package, but later
releases could include the information.

Have fun,
Mike

Seo Sanghyeon wrote:

>What do you think about this? Is this a good idea? If it is a good idea,
>how can it be made more useful? Now I am thinking about adding NetBSD
>packages and PyPI references...
>
>This table shows which modules are not packaged for distributions.
>Those modules would be good candidates for packaing. Perhaps maintainers
>may learn from the each other.
>
>Any other thoughts?

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder