Encryption with Python

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Jun 23 00:09:20 EDT 2004

Kamilche wrote:

> I've looked at a few alternatives for encryption with Python, and
> didn't come up anything very speedy.
>
> I've written an encryption algorithm in pure Python that can process
> 22 megs of data a second. I know it's not secure, but it should be
> enough to ward off casual hacking. Does someone know of something
> speedier?

If you're only concerned with warding off casual hacking, and speed is
your maximal concern, why not just XOR each byte with 0xFF or something
equally brainless?

--
 __ Erik Max Francis && max at alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
/  \ San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && AIM erikmaxfrancis