Just testing

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Jun 17 09:09:11 EDT 2004

David Fraser wrote:

> Peter Hansen wrote:
>> Mitja wrote:
>>
>>> Michael Lauzon <mlauzon at gmail.com>
>>>
>>> Use alt.test, then
>>
>> Sounds like he probably gets this group as email through the
>> mailing list, but it's still rude to impose on the thousands
>> of other readers (tens of thousands?) for his own minor
>> convenience like that.
>
> In this case, the best thing to do is to ask a real question that you're
> not actually interested in and that will be easily answered, or start a
> flamewar :-) The benefit of the latter is that you get *lots* of posts
> to test your filter on...

Ah, you've caught on!  comp.lang.python is actually just one big
test group.  There are no real questions.  Most of the respondents
are actually bots, auto-generating their replies.  You don't think
anyone would be crazy enough to actually spend their own time
answering useless questions that are just used to test filters,
do you?

-still-waiting-for-them-to-finish-writing-my-bot-ly y'rs,
  Peter