Making classes from Metaclasses globally available

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Wed Jun 16 03:38:16 EDT 2004

Jean-François Doyon wrote:

> I'm using MetaClasses to create classes.
>
> How do I make these new classes "globally" available?

As far as I can see, your problem has nothing to do with metaclasses.

>>> globals()["foo"] = 1
>>> foo
1

Substitute 1 in the above with your new class, and there you are. Note,
however, that dynamically inserting variables is not the best programming
practice. When you don't know the variable name in advance, what would be
the benefit of being able to access the object via its identifier?

Peter