what editor do you use?

Steven Rumbalski srumbalski at copper.net
Mon Jun 28 10:01:04 EDT 2004

Michael Anckaert wrote:

> A friend of mine uses emacs and we held a 'speedcontest', we had
> to edit a file with our editors and write some code. Me and vim were
> about 50% faster than him and emacs.
> But I don't want to start any vim vs. emacs flamewar :-)

I suspect you would be 50% faster even if you both used notepad.  This
comparison is meaningless without a baseline comparison in an unfamiliar
editor.  Perhaps you are simply a faster typist.  Perhaps code flows more
quickly from your brain.  Perhaps you were more familiar with the file to
be edited and the problem domain.  We cannot know the reason that you
performed this particular test more quickly.

I too use vim.

--
Steven Rumbalski
news|at|rumbalski|dot|com