if statement

Andrea Griffini agriff at tin.it
Mon Jun 28 16:33:45 EDT 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 22:59:30 +1000, "Ajay Brar"
<abra9823 at mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote:

>its the first time i amusing python and coming from a {} environment, tabs
>is a little hard to get used to.

I come from {} too, but found moving to indentation really
a no problem except that one of the python editors I tried
messed up my code badly, probably because it was written
with a two space indent instead of the common 4.

I abandoned tabs long ago: when it was standard (8) there
could be some use for the tab char, now it's just another
way to add *completely pointless* confusion.

Anyway I forced myself to change to 4 space indent (even
if indeed seems to me a bit too much), and I abandoned
fancy editors so I'm back to the trustable VIM :-) ... it
may go eventually wrong when guessing the indent for next
line; but it will never ever dare to mess up my code.

Actually my problem is that now I sometimes forget ";"
when working in C++ :-)

Andrea