win32 pyserial requires javax.comm for py2exe?

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Tue Jun 29 14:19:29 EDT 2004

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> writes:

> Grant Edwards wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to package a small Python program using py2exe.
>> Everything works fine until I add an "include serial", then py2exe
>> fails because
>>   The following modules appear to be missing
>>   ['javax.comm']
>
> Actually, you are assuming too much.  It's a warning, not a failure.
> The .exe file is generated and will run just fine under Windows.
>
> Don't bother editing PySerial!  You'll just create a maintenance
> hassle for yourself.

Right.  pyserial probably uses the same code for CPython and Jython,
if you want to avoid the warning you should exclude 'javax.comm' from
the build, either with the '--excludes javax.comm' command line option,
or by passing something like this to the setup function in your build
script:

setup(...
      options = {'py2exe': {'excludes': ['javax.comm']}})

Thomas