terminological obscurity

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.com
Tue Jun 1 10:58:17 EDT 2004

On Sun, 30 May 2004 02:58:48 +0200, "Martin v. Löwis"
<martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:

>"A type is a predicate"
>
>In that definition "is green" is as much a type as "has used Python
>to write software". In that sense, things in a list should share the
>same type.

I am as sorry as anyone else that I find this subject as interesting
as I do.

"Is green" doesn't help us if the list does not cohere around the
concept of color.

And the above sentences implies, and I could independently imagine, a
list might cohere around nothing more then the concept of existence.
But of course the possbility of including non-exitence data does not
exist. Which makes the notion of homogeneity around that concept
meaningless.

So I have, after consideration, decided to outlaw,  if not the
terminolkgy itself (even its its most general form),  than at least my
own efforts to find  meaning in it.

Art