Status of PEPs?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Jul 9 21:02:31 EDT 2004

In article <10e58dpcbogogce at news.supernews.com>,
John Roth <newsgroups at jhrothjr.com> wrote:

>A good example of this is the work being done by Facundo Batista on PEP
>327 (Decimal Arithmetic). There's been widespread agreement for a long
>time that something should be done about decimal arithmetic, but until
>he stepped forward, it sat on dead center. Now it looks like we're
>going to get it for Python 2.4, so it may be possible for us to get a
>usable currency type in Python 2.5 (building on the decimal type.)

Just for the record, I actually started Decimal.py with a lot of help
from Tim Peters, and then Eric Price moved it forward quite a bit before
Facundo picked it up.  I don't care that much about the credit for me,
but I think it's important to remember that Open Source projects are
usually the result of collaboration from many people.

"Typing is cheap.  Thinking is expensive."  --Roy Smith, c.l.py