String formatting with dictionaries

Steve dippyd at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jul 2 01:06:22 EDT 2004

David Bolen wrote:

>>b) why it does not work in the seemingly obvious way I have written it
>>above
>

> Perhaps probably because your intuition isn't firmly grounded in Dutch
> sensibilities?  Or I could just say "because that's not how the string
> formatting operator works" but that doesn't help much does it :-)

Funny, but when I read Thomas' original post, I thought
what he expected was blindingly obvious and
intuitive... but once it was pointed out that the keys
were being taken from a string, it became blindingly
obvious and intuitive that they had to be strings
themselves!

It's a funny old world, inn't?

--
Steven