Typed Python?

Sam Jervis sam at heffalump.me.uk
Sat Jul 3 04:15:48 EDT 2004

Thomas Reichelt wrote:

> Moin,
>
> short question: is there any language combining the syntax, flexibility and
> great programming experience of Python with static typing? Is there a
> project to add static typing to Python?
>
> Thank you,

You might want to take a quick look at Haskell, although I think it is
still largely an academic's language.  A quick roundup of
similarities/differences:

	Haskell is strongly typed but fully supports polymorphism
	Haskell is functional rather than imperative
	Haskell uses significant whitespace, like Python

Website:

	http://www.haskell.org/

HUGS is a good interpreter for Haskell if you want to try it out.

Sam