Email parsing with Python

djwallis81 wdatoo at private.com
Thu Jul 8 11:17:15 EDT 2004

I know there have been posts about this before but I am a python newbie and
if someone can help I would appreciate it. I have a server running exim as
its MTA. My users want to setup auto-reply messages and It sucks that I
have to manually do it everytime. I have written a python script that does
all the needful (i.e. file creation, modification etc) in Exim however I
wanted to create an email address on my server that the user would send
email to activate aut-reply. For instance if the subject of that email is
autoreply - 10/10/2004 I want to read the subject and activate autreply
immediately and end on 10/10/2004. Also the message body will be what the
auto reply text is! I know there is an email parser in python but i am a
newbie and its kind of tough understanding all that. Can someone shoot me
in the right direction? or perhaps sample code that I can modify ? Will
appreciate it very much