Short if

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Jul 7 13:51:45 EDT 2004

Reinhold Birkenfeld wrote:

> Peter Hansen wrote:
>>Reinhold Birkenfeld wrote:

>>>Is the reject of this feature final? I mean, is discussion about the
>>>construct obsolete?
>>
>>As the resulting thread is already showing, no, discussion
>>is definitely not obsolete.
>>
>>Pointless, maybe, but not obsolete. ;-)
>
> That is, in a friendly way, as if one said: "Go and play, kids, but
> don't expect us adults to pay attention to it" ;)

Actually, it's nothing like that at all.  I wrote about
the fact (as I see it) that further discussion will not
result in a change to the situation.  I said nothing about
me or anyone else (assuming I'm in the group you refer to
as "us adults") paying attention to those who want to
discuss it further.  If enough motivated people could
reach a consensus, it's possible Guido would actually relent
and put the strong majority's ternary in someday.  Only
Tim can say. :-)

I used a wink, and you mentioned "friendly", so I'll assume
this should all be light-hearted and avoid taking offense that
you would try to put such condescending words in my mouth.

-Peter