RELEASED Python 2.4, alpha 1

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Jul 12 11:18:29 EDT 2004

Irmen de Jong <irmen at -nospam-remove-this-xs4all.nl> writes:

> Anthony Baxter wrote:
> > On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm
> > happy to announce the first alpha of Python 2.4.
>
> Great stuff.
>
> One thing ; the format test isn't working:
> (Mandrake 10, gcc 3.3.2)
>
> $ make test

> test_format
> test test_format produced unexpected output:
> *** line 2 of actual output doesn't appear in expected output after line 1:
> + u'%f' % (1.0,) == u'1,000000' != '1.000000'
[snippety]

This has the foul, rotten stench of something involving locales.  What
is the default locale on your system?  There's probably some test that
runs before test_format on your system that is messing things up.
Binary chop?

Cheers,
mwh

--
  MARVIN:  Oh dear, I think you'll find reality's on the blink again.