FW: Reading responses from Modem.

Etienne Labuschagne ELabuschagne at gmsonline.co.za
Fri Jul 23 00:32:31 EDT 2004

Thanks for the responses.  I will look into using PySerial for talking to
the modem as suggested by Peter.  The code example I gave is probably not
the best way to do it, but it seemed to work ok (after running the
diagnostics program).

How do I "test for the modem prompt" and "confirmation after any outputs"?
Any pointers as to "the correct way" to dial a number and read the responses
from the modem (ie to see if the number was dialled, busy tone detected,
etc.).

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Etienne