How to lunch webpage without using SMTP server?

Matthew Scott newsgroups at goldenspud.com
Wed Jul 21 15:15:38 EDT 2004

Grant Edwards wrote:
> I'm afraid I don't quite know what it means to "send an e-mail
> from a web page."

If the web page has something like:
<form action="mailto:abc at example.com">...</form>

You can send an email from that web page.

Quoted from http://htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/forms/form.html:

"A mailto URI (e.g., mailto:liam at htmlhelp.com) is also allowed as an
ACTION, but this is not supported by all browsers. Non-supporting
browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.x typically will open a
blank e-mail message when the user submits a mailto form. Even on
supporting browsers, mailto forms are troublesome in that they fail to
provide feedback to the user after the form submission."