Query about PyChart

harshad behere hbehere at zeomega.com
Tue Jul 27 05:42:59 EDT 2004

hi all,

While using pychart I found that whenever using `categorical''
coordinate system for x axis like ,
data = [["Jan", 10], ["Feb", 22], ["Mar", 30]]
xcoord = category_coord.T(data,0)
yrange = (0,50)
xaxis = axis.X(label="Month")
yaxis = axis.Y(label="Values")
s=(640,480)
ygridinterval=1
xgridinterval=2
ar =  area.T(x_coord=xcoord,y_range=yrange,x_axis=xaxis,y_axis=yaxis,
size=s,x_grid_interval=xgridinterval,
y_grid_interval=ygridinterval,legend=legend.T(inter_row_sep=10) )

Here I want to get grid for x axis too.But even after specifying
x_grid_interval, i am not getting grids for x-axis.If I understood
working correctly, it is necessary to specify xrange for getting grids,
means it is possible to get grids only for numeric values(linear or
logarithemic coordinate system).
Is this correct ? Or I am missing some thing ?

And Is there any other way to achive this ?

Any kind of help/hint is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

harshad.

--
Harshad Behere