Python C++

Neal D. Becker ndbecker2 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 21 12:00:29 EDT 2004

Helmut Jarausch wrote:

> Francois Fernandes wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Is it possible to easyly integrate c++ classes in python?
>>
>> I don't want to use boost c++.
>>
>> Does anyone know how to start or where to find documentation for this?
>>

> I prefer  PyCXX  http://cxx.sourceforge.net

Looks interesting.  I want to expose lots of signal processing algorithms
written in C++ to python.  I want to use std::vector for containers,
because they are fast.  I need to create python types for
std::vector<double> and std::vector<std::complex<double>> at minimum.  The
Python interface doesn't need to know much about these types, just be able
to create vectors of a given size.

Would PyCXX be a good choice for this?  Are there any samples of code
similar to this?