Static Typing

Ville Vainio ville at spammers.com
Mon Jul 26 04:42:36 EDT 2004

    publicNO> There's some slides at
    publicNO> http://www.python.org/~guido/static-typing/. Are these
    publicNO> features already in Python? I'm guessing not but if so,
    publicNO> how do I enable these (I get syntax errors), and why
    publicNO> can't I find any documentation on them? Thanks in
    publicNO> advance.

Yes, they are not, and "enabling" them would probably involve more
work than you probably expect to be able to put it ;-).

For one approach to statically typed Python, check out

http://boo.codehaus.org/

We do need to have to wait a bit more to get a statically typed
CPython, unfortunately. Somehow I feel it's not going to get in during
the 2.4 alpha/beta cycle ;-).

--
Ville Vainio   http://tinyurl.com/2prnb