returning a value from a thread

Ken Godee ken at perfect-image.com
Wed Jul 14 11:28:10 EDT 2004

module1 calls a function in module2

module2 starts a thread that calls a function in module3
and then returns to module1

thread finishes and I need the return value from the thread
to use in module1 where program flow is continuing.

err, I hope I explained that well enough?

In other words need value from module3 passed
back to module1 (global variable)

I thought there was some sort of memory type container
I could use...

ie. store value in memory from module3 and be able to
read it from module1.

The closest I can think of is to pass a queue reference
and stor values from module3 in the queue and then read them
back while in module1.

Maybe I'm missing something?