library.zip and 7zip

Jaco Smuts JSmuts at clover.co.za
Mon Jul 5 16:00:15 EDT 2004

hello again

that is exactly it. it does nothing (frustrating)

after running setup.py py2exe i go to  the dist directory where my
executables etc.. reside
i then run

upx.exe --best *.*

upx succesfully compacts the dll, exe and pyd files.
I then test it by running myApp.exe and it works fine

I then try the 7zip bit

7z.exe -aoa x library.zip -olibrary\
del library.zip

cd library\
7z.exe a -tzip -mx9 ..\library.zip -r
cd..
rd library /s /q

It does compress the library.zip file a lot more but I then run myApp.exe
again and whalla....... nothing.
No tracebacks, not error messages, just nothing
I've tried this skipping the upx bit, but got the same result.

I'm using Python  2.3.4, don't know if  that might have anything to do
with it?

cheers
jaco

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com>