Typed Python?

Oliver Fromme olli at haluter.fromme.com
Mon Jul 5 14:17:55 EDT 2004

Donn Cave <donn at drizzle.com> wrote:
 > I haven't tried it, but Nice is a Java based language with a more
 > sophisticated type system than Java, and a few extra conveniences.
 >
 >   http://nice.sourceforge.net/
 >
 > It doesn't appear to have type inference, which so far as I know
 > may be exclusive to functional languages, [...]

Just for the record, there's a dialect of C called Cyclone,
which supports type-inference (although with some limitations).
Since it's derived from C, it's not a functional language, but
it has grown quite some features typically found in functional
languages.

http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~greg/cyclone/index.html

There's a mirror at AT&T:

http://www.research.att.com/projects/cyclone/

Best regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Konrad-Celtis-Str. 72, 81369 Munich, Germany

``All that we see or seem is just a dream within a dream.''
(E. A. Poe)