python wrapper question

Garett Shulman shulmang at colorado.edu
Tue Jul 27 00:49:49 EDT 2004

Hello, I am trying to create a wrapper for a function with the following
prototype:
int ap_get_playlist(int session, int *argc, char ***the_list);
I'm not quite sure how to construct the Py_BuildValue. I would like the
python function to return a list of strings. However, the length of the
list, (*argc in the function call), will vary at run time. Is it
possible to have a wrapper function return a list whose size is not know
at compile time? Thanks for any suggestions. -Garett