library.zip and 7zip

Jaco Smuts JSmuts at clover.co.za
Mon Jul 5 13:49:08 EDT 2004

Hello there

I am developing an application using wxPython and some other libraries
(including, now pysqlite 0.5.1).

I am distributing this app using py2exe and innosetup

I'm trying to reduce the size of my distribution (the setup.exe file as
well as the final install size)

I am using upx to reduce  the size of my executables (not a clue how it
works, but  it does reduce the size significantly)

Now I  am trying to use 7 zip to reduce  the size of my library.zip file,
but this  seems to break the application.

I am trying to do this: (from
http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/moin.cgi/BetterCompression)

7z.exe -aoa x library.zip -olibrary\
del library.zip

cd library\
7z.exe a -tzip -mx9 ..\library.zip -r
cd..
rd library /s /q

upx.exe --best *.*

which works fine when I skip the 7z bit, but that breaks it?

Any advice ?

thanks
jaco