ANN matplotlib-0.60.2: python graphs and charts

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Thu Jul 15 09:00:41 EDT 2004

    Lou> Anyone have any experience running this on Mac OS X?  What
    Lou> does it take to get it up and running.  I'm enticed.  Will
    Lou> check it out on my own, too, but any info welcome.  Thanks.

Hi Lou,

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=5124458&forum_id=33405
I just made some changes to setupext.py (matplotlib's config script)
to accommodate the tk framework under OS X (borrowed from PIL's
setup.py).  You can get the updated file from
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/setupext.py.  If you want to use
TkAgg on OS X and are using the tcl/tk framework, please save this in
your matplotlib src dir before running setup.py.

See also these threads from the matplotlib mailing list

  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=5088021&forum_id=33405

  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=4998262&forum_id=33405

  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=4374766&forum_id=36187

Good luck!