speed of python 2.4

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 17:49:13 EDT 2004

[Wilk]
> In the page http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/whatsnew/node7.html
> the last sentence says :
> The net result of the 2.4 optimizations is that Python 2.4 runs the
> pystone benchmark around XX% faster than Python 2.3 and YY% faster than
> Python 2.2
>
> What is the value of XX and YY ?

How embarrassing!  We got those interchanged -- it should have said
"Python 2.4 runs the pystone benchmark around YY% faster than Python
2.3 and XX% faster than Python 2.2".  We didn't specify the number
system because if you knew the decimal equivalents it would just lead
to silly arguments, of which comp.lang.python has had quite enough
recently <wink>.