python for .NET

Shawn Wheatley swheatley at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 10:45:01 EDT 2004

The ActiveState product you may be thinking of is Visual Python, which
is just an editor add-in for Visual Studio.NET.

As for Python for .NET, there have been a couple projects to use .NET
components in CPython, and there was a research project done by
ActiveState and Mark Hammond (I believe).  IronPython seems to be the
most promising, but there have been no releases as of yet.

Eagerly-awaiting-a-.NET-Python-ly yours,
Shawn