[Yum] Re: Yum error

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Jul 23 17:03:36 EDT 2004

On Friday 23 July 2004 15:59, Gene Heskett wrote:

[snip very long Sherlock session results]

>Now, this isn't quite the same error, but right now I'd bet a beer
>that a reversion of the python and rpm-python plus libxml2 stuff to
>the distribution FC1 CD's versions will also fix this gentlemans
>problems.  _IF_ he's still on FC1 that is.  Since its python2.2, I'd
>have to assume he is since FC3t1 at least comes with python2.3.4
>stuffs and IIRC FC2 has python2.3.2.
>
>>> Can you please help me to fix this?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Hung Pham
>
>Hung, maybe this will fix it for you too?

Update: Since re-installing the FC1 versions of python, rpm-python,
and libxml2, I noted that a huge key repeat problem in the kmail
editor is back, as in <1/second and the system is set for 20/second.
That makes it very difficult to backspace and fix typu's, often
quicker to pick up the mouse and use it to move the cursor to the
typo, much much quicker. Frustrating is an understatement.  It comes
and goes also in 5 to 10 minute cycles.  Normal keystrokes as I type
are apparently at close to normal screen update speeds although I can
overrun it by 3-6 characters occasionally.

--
Cheers, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.