Tell if Win2000 or XP is inactive

Bart Nessux bart_nessux at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 15 10:12:23 EDT 2004

Hello,

Auditors want us to log out a user if the computer they are logged onto
has been unused/inactive for a set period of time. It's trivial to
logout the user, but we're having trouble telling if the system is
indeed inactive. If we could learn that information, then we'd need to
measure how long it has been like this so we can all the logout
function. How might this determination and measurement be approached?

We're using Python 2.3.x w/o Mr. Hammonds extra Windows extensions. We
do not want to install the win32 extensions.

Thanks,
Bart