How to use python or mod_python file to handle HTML form?

Christopher T King squirrel at WPI.EDU
Wed Jul 28 09:30:01 EDT 2004

On 27 Jul 2004, Nancy wrote:

>   I cann't run above example code since I don't have SMTP server on my
> PC. How can I use my form.py to handle HTML form?

Your ISP should provide an SMTP server you can use: for me, it's
smtp.charter.net (being a Charter subscriber); it should be something
similar for yours.  If your ISP doesn't provide SMTP, you can probably
find an open SMTP relay on the Internet somewhere, though I wouldn't
really recommend that if you can avoid it.  Setting SMTP_SERVER to this
server and WEBMASTER to whichever e-mail address to which you want the
e-mail to be sent should be all you need.