good cgi framework

Rick Lawson r_b_lawson at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 09:33:36 EDT 2004

I have a cheapo web hosting account, but suprisingly it has python
2.2. Anyway, I want to do some basic cgi playing around and wonder
what experience people have with the various frameworks. I'm looking
at ease of installation with just ftp access (no shell) and
performance. I think this is what makes php so attractive because on
your $7.95/month host it "just works". But, God help me, how I hate
the php syntax, and crappy object support and no exceptions.

Thanks,
Rick