VB(ish) replacement

Doug Holton insert at spam.here
Sat Jul 24 12:24:52 EDT 2004

Nick J Chackowsky wrote:
>>> 5. IDE and ability to graphically design windows.
>
>    Regarding point 5: I'm another VBer, and the language itself
> notwithstanding, I *love* VB's design & code IDE. Is there, in fact,
> anything comparable for Python?

Probably the closest thing would be QT Designer, which you can use with
PyQT.  But to use that on Windows you'll need to purchase the IDE from
BlackAdder or else directly from Trolltech.  It is free to use on Linux
(and see the free eric3 IDE for that platform).  Here are some PyQT
resources: http://developers.coedit.net/QtKde

I'd still probably recommend wxpython for Windows development though.