Questions to the FAQ

Josef Wolf jw at raven.inka.de
Tue Jul 13 16:12:48 EDT 2004

Hello!

I'm new to python, so my first readings were the tutorial and the FAQs.
I got confused by some FAQ entries. Maybe some expert can help to clear the
confusion?

- FAQ entry 6.5: "What is delegation?"

  AFAICS, the example in this FAQ-entry should create a derived class from
  the file class. Therefore, shouldn't the first line of this class
  definition read "class UpperOut(file):"?

  How come self.__outfile to be the base class?

- FAQ entry 6.6:

  This FAQ entry makes a difference between new-style classes and classic
  classes. An example is given for the new style and a hint is given how a
  classic class would look like. But I can't see any difference in them:
  The new-style example starts with "class Derived(Base):" and the hint for
  the classic class is "class Derived(Base): ..." So what's the difference?

What am I missing here?

--
Please visit and sign http://petition-eurolinux.org and http://www.ffii.org
-- Josef Wolf -- jw at raven.inka.de --