Somewhat OT... Computer playing Minesweeper

Heiko Wundram heikowu at ceosg.de
Tue Jul 13 22:04:39 EDT 2004

Am Mittwoch, 14. Juli 2004 03:27 schrieb Jeff Shannon:
> You will have a hard time coming up with an
> exhaustive list of possible patterns, but even a fairly modest list
> should greatly improve your solvability percentage.

As I said in the reply to Terry Reed, there is no need to actually do pattern
matching in case you simply exhaust all possible states which are consistent
in the sense that they match the information which is available. You then
just have to create a histogram which for each field gives a percentage of a
mine being there, and then make a decision.

This algorithm will match _any_ pattern that might turn up.

Heiko.