psyco for python 2.4?

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Fri Jul 30 22:22:54 EDT 2004

Armin Rigo <arigo at tunes.org> writes:

> Dan Christensen wrote:
>>>I've tried the cvs version of psyco and it causes python 2.4a1 to dump
>>>core when I "import psyco".  Does anyone know the timeline for getting
>>>psyco working with 2.4?
>
> I fixed this particular problem.  Now Psyco (CVS tree version) appears
> to work on 2.4a1, but extensive testing is still needed.

I just downloaded a fresh copy of the CVS version, and now the import
command doesn't dump core, but the psyco.full() command does:

$ python2.4
Python 2.4a1 (#1, Jul 11 2004, 12:20:32)
[GCC 3.3.4 (Debian)] on linux2
>>> import psyco
>>> psyco.full()
Segmentation fault

Let me know how I can help debug this.

By the way, I couldn't figure out how to rebuild the package after
doing a "cvs up".  Typing "python2.4 setup.py install" just copied
things over to the site-packages/pysco directory again, but didn't
recompile anything.  So I downloaded a fresh copy, removed the
site-packages/psyco directory, and did "python2.4 setup.py install"
again.

Dan