Python Poker

Gabriel Cooper gabriel.cooper at mediapulse.com
Fri Jul 23 10:04:58 EDT 2004

Jeff Sandys wrote:

>Most ISPs provide some web space on their server, just ftp it
>to your web space (like www.direcway.com/~rpm1/poker.py), you
>are paying for the space with the isp account, why not use it.
>
>I look forward to trying out your program.

First, top-posting is confusing in newsgroups and mailing lists, try to
bottom post when replying.

Second, the main difference I see right off between him posting to his
ISP's webspace versus sourceforge.net is that sourceforge is a permanent
host. What happens if he changes ISPs after moving across town? No more
web space. He wouldn't even have access to the old site to redirect, it
would just be gone.