ANN: PySQLite 0.5.1

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Sun Jul 4 13:18:06 EDT 2004

pp wrote:
> To Python developers watching this topic - PySQLite should be embedded
> in standard Python distribution.

This was already proposed once on python-dev. I as the the primary
author advised against it at the time, mostly because I didn't consider
the PySQLite API stable.

Let's talk about this again once I have finished a complete rewrite of
PySQLite in C, this time against the PySQLite 3 API, ok?

When the PySQLite API will have become stable, I'd think integration
into core Python would actually be a good idea.

-- Gerhard