Select module is missing in Python 2.3.1

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Jul 9 07:54:05 EDT 2004

"prabu" <prabu333 at hotpop.com> writes:

> Hello all,

>       I am new to Python,

And USENET?  Lines <80 characters are normal here...

> And this is my first post.I have installed "Fsh",an Opensource
> Product ,very similar to SSH on my HP-UX B.11.22 U ia64(IPF).It has
> Python dependency.The problem is that,when I execute Fsh at
> commanline following error occurs,

> # fsh
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/fsh", line 6, in ?
>     import fsh
>   File "/opt/iexpress/fsh/share/fsh/fsh.py", line 22, in ?
>     import select
> ImportError: No module named select

[...]

> My question,is where can i find the select modules for python and
> how to import "select" module to python?.  What are all the ways.

select is one of the modules that is built (or not) as part of the
base Python install.  So you'll need to ask whoever built the
installation of Python on the problematic machine why it's not there.
If that was you, you need to work it out yourself :-)

I see you're using HP-UX/ia64 -- good luck!  You're probably going to
need it <wink>.

Cheers,
mwh

--
 Very clever implementation techniques are required to implement this
 insanity correctly and usefully, not to mention that code written