Why would I learn Python over other languages?

chuck amadi chuck.amadi at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 8 18:25:14 EDT 2004

Hi , I would like to add a comment I agree I uses to be a coder (
Systems Programmer prodominately Java and JSP and thus switched to
SysAdmin role as I wanted to get into Security and add more dimension to
my learning curve with Linux .

I have used Python quite limiting but it done the trick I also found the
books and the user group excellant going back to Java I am to take and
sit my Java 1.4 exam this November 2004 and Im not that prepared and I
don't fancy the investment I know I need to make in order to try and get
a pass .

Java is a rich dynamic language bit from a time and speed point of view
I love Python and as a Zope Admin is execellant tool in order to run
Zope/Plone CMS sites as If you may or not know Zope/Plone/CMF is making
a quite inpact in the Content Management Areana with this being written
in Python.

So ti say it again Python is a great lanaguage I it isn't for me a hugh
time investment .

Cheers

Chuck