How do you install a service on MSW?

Frank Millman frank at chagford.com
Thu Jul 8 06:07:05 EDT 2004

frank at chagford.com (Frank Millman) wrote in message news:<246a4e07.0407020505.5ebf78de at posting.google.com>...
> Hi all
>
> This is not strictly a Python question, but I hope it is not too far
> off topic.
>
> The question is 'How do you install a service on MSW?' Here is the
> background.

Thanks so much for the replies - very useful.

I do not want to go to the effort of creating a full Windows service,
so I looked for srvany.exe, as suggested by Benjamin. This allows you
to run any program as a service. I installed it, and it seems to work.
I have only tried it on my personal machine so far, so I have not put
it under any stress, but it looks as if it will do the job. I will be
happy to provide details if anyone is interested.

Thanks again

Frank