Time Module

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Mon Jul 12 07:00:26 EDT 2004

| My group has python version 2.2.1 installed on a linux
| system.  I am in the
| process of trying to run some software that requires a module
| called time.
| For some reason, our python installation is missing this module.  Our
| administrator has tried to install a new version, but has hit
| a brick wall
| with requests for strange dependencies.  Would it be possible
| to import the
| necessary files into our current installation directories?

Strange, because time is a builtin module. Can you post
a dump of an interpreter session which you've started with

python -v

(obviously change to suit the location of your python executable
if necessary, /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin or wherever)

and then trying to issue the statement "import time"? The
-v switch will put the interpreter into verbose mode in
which it will tell you where it's finding the modules it
loads.

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk