lisp is winner in DOM parsing contest! 8-]

Frank Buss fb at frank-buss.de
Mon Jul 12 09:04:25 EDT 2004

"Alex Mizrahi" <udodenko at hotmail.com> wrote:

> so lisp is winner.. but it has not standard way (even no non-standard
> but simple) way to write binary IEEE floating point representation, so
> common lisp suck and i will use c++ for my task.. 8-]]]

This is a silly reason. You can integrate a C program for this, if you
like, but Common Lisp has the function INTEGER-DECODE-FLOAT, which you can
use for this, see for example this listing:

http://www.ai.mit.edu/people/cvince/date/src/code/java/serialization.lisp

But you need not to use this little complicated function, because CLISP has
the non-standard function EXT:WRITE-FLOAT, which "writes a floating-point
number in IEEE 754 binary representation":

http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/stream-dict.html#bin-output

I assume other Lisp implementations have something similiar.

Frank Buß, fb at frank-buss.de