[i18n] Multilang. app in Python (English, French, German)?

F. GEIGER f.geiger at vol.at
Thu Jul 15 14:22:22 EDT 2004

Is there a way to do this in a professional manner?

For now I only can think of having all strings in a file, read them into
a dict at startup and then access them like so:

print str(MyTextDict('e', "errorOnDbStore"))

or

print str(MyTextDict('f', MyTextDict._ErrorKey_ErrorOnDbStore))

Is it this or is there a "more Pythonic" way?

Kind regards
Franz GEIGER

P.S.: I'm on Windows and use wxPython for the GUI part. I intend to be
able to select the language in an INI file before starting the app.