does not work on freeBSD but works on linux, and windows

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Fri Jul 2 03:48:01 EDT 2004

John fabiani <jfabiani at yolo.com> writes:

> When I say corrupt I'm saying the program Foxpro can't open the
> file. In this case the file is data file in the DBF format.  The
> program as posted is being used - it is not part of any other larger
> program.  (...)

Have you tried fixing the code itself as I suggested earlier (e.g., to
actually close the FTP connection cleanly)?  If it is preventing the
final chunk of data from being transmitted across the socket, that
could easily show up as a corruption of the file from Foxpro's
perspective.

While it might not change anything, it's certainly an easier option to
try compared to some of the other items being discussed in this
thread, not to mention it's probably a bug in the code in any event.

-- David